- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
If you do not agree with this Policy, do not use our website or provide Magic with your personal data.
Information Gathering & Dissemination
When you visit our website, you might be providing information about your visit in the following ways:
Statistics collected as you browse our website
Organizational and personal information our visitors knowingly provide us, such as the visited pages, location, from which domains you found a link to our page and Information about which browsers & devices people use to visit our Website. Because Magic respects your right to privacy, we want you to be aware of how we handle this information.
You may subscribe to our newsletter/ blog using your email address.
Your IP Address and Host Name
Magic’s website logs Host Names (or IP addresses when the Host Name is not available) for system administration and security purposes. These logs are monitored and analyzed to maintain systems and information security and to allow us to constantly improve the value and the availability of our web content.
You are not required by law to provide us with any of the above information; however, if you do not provide certain information, you may not be able to use all of our website features.
Registration is required to access premium content areas on our website. The registration forms require you to give us accurate contact information, such as your name, phone number, company name and email address, and references that help us better serve you. Your name and email address may be used to send you information about our company, product updates, special offers, and newsletters. To opt out of receiving communications from Magic, you may click here or contact: email@example.com.
The lawful justification for sending marketing communications about our services to you is that you have given clear consent for your personal data to be used for this specific purpose. You are always in control of your data. You can opt in or out of receiving marketing communications during the registration process for the Magic Newsletter. As mentioned above, to opt out of receiving communications from Magic, you may click here or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children who are under 16 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE IN ANY WAY.
Use of Personal Information
- We use Personal Information to obtain data regarding website usage so that we can tailor our website content to meet your needs.
- To present you with marketing and advertising material through our website or e-mail messages, subject to your prior indication of consent. At any time you may opt out of the mailing lists, by sending Magic a written notice to: email@example.com
- If you raise such an objection, we will no longer process your personal data for such purposes.
- To conduct surveys and questionnaires;
- To contact you when Magic believes it to be necessary, sending you updates and other communications related to the website and/or our services;
- Generating statistical and aggregated information about users of the website.
- Providing you with support, handling complaints and contacting you when we believe it is necessary.
- Enforcing the Terms and this Policy and preventing misuse of the website.
- Complying with any applicable law and assisting law enforcement agencies and competent authorities, if we believe it is necessary or justified.
- Taking any action in any case of dispute involving you, with respect or in relation to the website;
- To use anonymized aggregated data that do not disclose any particular user’s personal information for various commercial business analytics purposes;
- To prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse of the website;
- To handle breakdowns and malfunctions;
- If we intend to further use or process your personal information for a purpose other than set forth in this policy, we will provide you prior to that further use or processing with information on that other purpose.
We do not sell Personal Information to other companies. We might, in certain cases, share this information with our Partners to ensure that we provide better service to our customers.
A cookie is a small piece of information that is stored on a computer or device and may contain a device identifier for the purpose of recognizing your browser as you interact with websites. Device identifiers may be randomly generated or assembled from available system elements such as IP address, browser version, OS type and version, device type and settings, mobile device and advertising identifiers, wireless mobile subscriber ISDN numbers, public switched telephone network information, mobile network information or software data.
You can choose to change your browser settings to disable cookies if you do not want us to establish and maintain for you a unique User ID. Be aware that cookies might be required to complete certain functions on our website.
- Deliver advertisements and content relevant to your interests, including retargeting campaigns;
- Provide analytics and reporting;
- to increase our website’s functionality and user-friendliness;
- Maintain information in both identifiable and de-identified forms;
- To support security measures;
- To assist in identifying possible fraudulent or abusive activities.
We may use “persistent cookies” to save your registration ID and login password for future logins to the website. We may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the website, to better understand how you interact with the website and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on the website.
Some of the cookies may expire when the session ends and you exit your browser. Other cookies are saved on your browser’s memory.
Your rights and Data retention
You may access, update, review or correct your information, at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also make choices about Magic’s collection and use of your data. How you can access or control your personal data will depend on which website’s features you use.
Magic does not retain information longer than required to provide the website’s features and for reasonable business needs, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different products, actual retention periods can vary significantly. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include:
- How long is the personal data needed to provide the website’s features and operate our business? This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of our website, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most data retention periods.
- Do customers provide, create, or maintain the data with the expectation we will retain it until they affirmatively remove it? In such cases, we maintain the data until you actively delete it.
- Is the personal data of a special category under the GDPR? If so, a shortened retention time would generally be appropriate.
- Has Magic adopted and announced a specific retention period for a certain data type?
- Has the user provided consent for a longer retention period? If so, we will retain data in accordance with your consent.
- Is Magic subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain the data? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation.
You can request the deletion of the personal information Magic has collected or withdraw your consent to the processing of such information, and disable its future collection by contacting us at email@example.com. From that point, we shall not have the right to process your personal information. Note, however, that you may withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of data processing we carried out based on your consent before such withdrawal. Deleting information from Magic does not affect the information that was previously shared with third parties. We cannot restore information that we have deleted.
Magic may at all times review, retain and disclose any other information as Magic deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request and Magic’s needs and necessities. By doing so Magic does not either expressly or impliedly endorse, affirm or in any manner assume any responsibility for such communications.
The authority supervising our processing activity is the Israeli Privacy Protection Authority, and you have the right to file a complaint to it or any other relevant supervisory authority.
Magic considers information security to be a top priority, and is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. Magic implements systems, applications and procedures to secure personal information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against all other unlawful forms of processing. When we transmit highly confidential data over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance.
Therefore, although Magic takes great efforts to protect your Personal Information, Magic cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that Magic’s databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
Questions about the security of personal data, can be directed to our DPO, Moti Shemesh, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Links with Other Websites and Sharing information with others
In addition, Magic may share your personal information with others, without your explicit consent, for the following purposes and to the extent necessary in Magic’s good-faith discretion:
- When it is necessary to facilitate the functionality of the website and to provide you with the website, or to protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our website;
- When it is necessary to facilitate the functionality of the website and to provide you with the services offered on our website, or to protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our website;
- If disclosure is necessary in order to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and Magic, or between you and other users with respect to, or in relation with the website;
- In any case where Magic reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent harm, physical damage or damage to property;
- If Magic organizes the operation of the website within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity, or if Magic and/or any of its business is acquired by, or merged into or with another entity, or if Magic enters bankruptcy, provided, however, that those entities agree to be bound by the provisions of this policy, with respective changes taken into consideration;
- To help our advertisers and partners target the audience they want to reach and to provide you with potentially interesting advertisements, however unless you give consent, we will not provide your personally identifiable information in a manner which discloses your identity and all such information is provided on an anonymous basis;
- Magic may also share personal information with companies or organizations connected, or affiliated with Magic, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies, and other partners, with the express provision that their use of such information must comply with this policy.
This website makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information. You should always exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Our website provides you with the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about the visitor.
To remove your information from our database, or to opt out of receiving future communications, you may unsubscribe at any time by visiting this page or by sending an email request to: email@example.com.
If you would like to correct and/or update information that you previously provided, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contacting Us About the Website
If you have any privacy concern, complaint, or questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this website, or your dealings with this website, you can contact us at:
Unless otherwise stated, Magic is a data controller for personal data we collect through our website subject to this policy.
Magic Software Enterprises
5 HaPlada St.,
Or Yehuda, Israel
WARNING: Fake Magic Software Inc. Spyware
We are aware that there is an entity advertising itself as “Magic Software Inc”. This entity is a corrupt website, soliciting visitors to purchase its anti-spyware: Spyware Protect 2009, AntiVirus System Pro, AntiVirus Live, and other similarly named products.
Be advised that these are fraudulent browser programs that hijack your computer and modify your browser configuration.
Be aware that this fraudulent entity has nothing to do with either Magic Software Enterprises Ltd. or Magic Software Enterprises Inc. We are not a part of, and we have no relations with this aforementioned entity.
Magic Software Enterprises Ltd. regrets any inconvenience and does not take any responsibility whatsoever, including without limitation, for malware infections caused by any other party. We do not endorse, or choose to take part in any form of browser hijacking, adware installation, pop-up programs, spyware, or any other malware that disrupts user experience.
Note that manual removal of malware is a highly complex procedure that should be performed with extreme caution. Lack of the required skills and even the slightest deviation from the instructions may lead to irreparable system damage. We strongly urge you to use a professional technician to remove any viruses from your computer.
We are aware that the problem is widespread. We have provided below a list of third-party companies offering or advertising malware removal solutions. We have not tested these offerings, and we have no connections with these companies. We, therefore, assume no responsibility for their content or offering.
McAfee‘s confirmation of the above site: http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/2-spyware.com
CBS’ coverage of the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIoKQQTWde0&feature=channel
Magic Software Enterprises Ltd. cannot be held responsible for problems that may arise from using the above links.